A friend form Peru told me about this dish yesterday and it sounded so interesting I just had to try it! The original Peruvian recipe is made with chicken pieces, previously fried, but I gave it a twist, and made it in the oven since I like to cut on preparation time.
- 1 Chicken
- 2 onions – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic, onions, water and salt in a baking pan.
Place the chicken in the center, and sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and some olive oil.
- Cover and bake in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover, check for water, and continue baking for another 45 minutes, or until chicken is well done.
- Take out of the oven, and add the peanut butter to the sauce – mix well.