You can make this dish with quince jam, or any jam of your choice – I would stick to the light ones though (apricot, peach). Ingredients: 1 Pork roast 2 Tablespoons Quince jam 3 Onions – cut in small pieces 4 garlic cloves – chopped […]
Being in Switzerland at the moment, there’s no wonder all my dishes this week are packed with cheese. This is no exception!
- 1 lb (500 gr) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- Pepper, salt, and nutmeg
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Fry the chopped onion for about 15 minutes at medium heat. Let cool.
- Mix the flour with a little bit of the milk first to make a paste.
- Add the rest of the milk, egg, ricotta, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix the grated cheese with 1 teaspoon cornstach. Add to the batter and mix well.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (baking). Place the puff pastry sheet and then add the cheese batter.
- Bake in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 30 minutes.
This is an easy way to make home-made fish sticks!
- 1 lb (500 gr) fish filets – cut into thin stripes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Sprinkle some salt over the fish stripes
- Scramble the egg in a medium bowl, and add some bread crumbs to a large plate.
- Pass each strip through the egg batter and then cover with bread crumbs.
- Fry at medium – high heat in a pan with some oil for about 5 minutes on each side or until well done.
- 1 Tablespoon Saffron
- 1/2 onion – finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks – mixed with a little bit of milk
- Parmesan or Pecorino – grated
- Cooked tortellini
- Put the saffron in a small cup and add a little bit of hot water.
- Fry the onion and the garlic in a tiny bit of oil by low heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add the cream, the milk and the saffron with the water, and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as it starts to boil, take it away from the heat and add the egg yolk – milk mix and mix well.
- Put it back on the stove, and bring it back very, very shortly to a boil, making sure you are mixing it very well – Use a whisker so it doesn’t clump.
- Mix the cooked tortellini with the sauce. Serve with parmesan or pecorino.