Being in Switzerland at the moment, there’s no wonder all my dishes this week are packed with cheese. This is no exception!
- 1 lb (500 gr) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- Pepper, salt, and nutmeg
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Fry the chopped onion for about 15 minutes at medium heat. Let cool.
- Mix the flour with a little bit of the milk first to make a paste.
- Add the rest of the milk, egg, ricotta, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix the grated cheese with 1 teaspoon cornstach. Add to the batter and mix well.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (baking). Place the puff pastry sheet and then add the cheese batter.
- Bake in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 30 minutes.