This used to be my childhood’s favorite soup! My Latvian great-grandmother used to make it when I was very, very young, and then my mom took over the recipe. I just learned it from her! Here’s the recipe:
- Consommé – see yesterday’s post
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- chives – chopped
- Warm up the Consommé.
- Mix the egg with the flour well.
- Add salt, pepper and water, and mix well.
- With a small teaspoon, add batter, one spoon at a time, slowly, into the broth.
- Warm up the soup, and let it cook, so that the “Klimpas” are cooked – about 10 minutes.
- Serve and add a little bit of chives.