This is a typical dish of Bavaria (Germany).
- 2 lbs (1 Kg) tri-tip (bottom sirloin, tafelspitz or punta)
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons horseradish
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons of the broth you boiled the meat in.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in a little bit of water
- Pepper to taste
- Pasta (tagliatelle) or Spätzle.
- Boil the beef for 2 hours. Add salt, peeled carrots and celery, and continue boiling for at least another 2 hours, or until tender.
TIP: I usually make this dish and carne mechada at the same time. I boil 4 lbs instead, and then make both dishes out of it at once!
- To make the horseradish sauce, add the heavy cream, horseradish, nutmeg and broth. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch and adjust salt and pepper. Let boil for a little bit, so that the sasuce thickens.
- Serve with spätzle or with pasta.