Angemachter Camembert – Camembert Cheese Spread
This is a nice appetizer, usually served at a “Beer Garten” in the southern part of Germany.
- 1 small Camembert cheese (around 9 oz)
- 1 small onion quartered
- 1/2 small onion chopped very finelly
- 1/2 small onion in thin slices (for decoration)
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1.5 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dark bread
- Small pretzels for decoration
Cut the Camembert in small chunks and place in a food processor or in a bowl.
- Add the butter and the 1 onion in small chunks, and mix well with the food processor or with a stick mixer until a paste is formed.
- Add the salt, sweet paprika and finely chopped onion and mix with a spoon.
- Let the Camembert Spread cool in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- To serve, use an ice cream spoon to form it into a ball.
- Add the sliced onions on top to decorate and serve with pretzels and dark bread.