Ingredients: 1 large pie crust 1 1/2 cups broccoli 1/2 cup peas 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 cup shredded Gruyère 3 eggs 1 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 teaspoons salt nutmeg and pepper to taste Directions: Arrange the pie crust in a […]
Month: June 2010
Ingredients: 3 ripe tomatoes 1/2 lb (250 gr) mozzarella Basil leaves Balsamico Cream Olive Oil Salt to taste Directions: Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella. Arrange in circular form, alternating tomato slices with mozzarella and basil leaves. Sprinkle some balsamico cream and olive oil. Add […]
I added some Grenadine to the Frozen Yogurt for a twist and some color. Grenadine is a syrup made of pomegranate juice, so it is sweet and adds a really nice flavor – just make sure it’s the real thing and not some corn syrup imitation.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Grenadine
- 1/2 cup strawberries – sliced
- whole strawberries to decorate
- Place yogurt, grenadine and sliced strawberries in an Ice Cream maker.
- When the frozen yogurt is ready, serve and decorate with some strawberries.
This is Venezuela’s National Dish. You can also serve it with Arepas and Queso Blanco (white cheese – similar to mozarella). Ingredients: Rice (cooked) Plátanos Fritos Black Beans Carne Mechada Directions: Serve all ingredients on a plate and sprinkle some shredded queso blanco over the […]
A friend of mine from Romania thought me how to make this delicious spread. You can serve it with crackers, toast or any type of bread.
- 3 Eggplants
- 5 Pimentos
- 3 Carrots
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
If you’re tired of buying ice cream at the store, try making your own. Right before serving dinner, I add all the ingredients to the Ice Cream machine, and by the time we’re done eating, it’s ready!
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana – mashed
- 1 banana – in slices
- 4 Tablespoons chocolate flakes
- Turn on your Ice Cream machine.
- Start adding the yogurt, then the bananas and then the chocolate flakes.
- Let it run for about 25 minutes.
- Decorate with the sliced bananas.