Ingredients: 18 oz (550 ml) Milk 3 eggs 2 Tablespoons oil 1/2 lb (220 gr) flour 1 teaspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt Directions: Mix all ingredients in a blender. Make Crêpes in a Crêpe pan at med – high heat. Use a soup serving spoon […]
I was lucky to see chanterelles at the market. Although I do relate them to a milder climate, and although it has been so hot in the last couple of weeks that my family has been on a food strike, I must say that it was very well received at dinner time!
- 1.5 lb (750 gr) chanterelles
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 7 oz (200 gr) bacon – chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash the chanterelles very well. I do soak them in water, and rinse them well.
- Fry the onions at medium heat. Add the bacon and the garlic, and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk, cream and spices.
- Right before serving, add the cornstarch previously diluted in a little bit of water, and let boil shortly.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
Ingredients: 3 ripe tomatoes 1/2 lb (250 gr) mozzarella Basil leaves Balsamico Cream Olive Oil Salt to taste Directions: Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella. Arrange in circular form, alternating tomato slices with mozzarella and basil leaves. Sprinkle some balsamico cream and olive oil. Add […]
I added some Grenadine to the Frozen Yogurt for a twist and some color. Grenadine is a syrup made of pomegranate juice, so it is sweet and adds a really nice flavor – just make sure it’s the real thing and not some corn syrup imitation.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Grenadine
- 1/2 cup strawberries – sliced
- whole strawberries to decorate
- Place yogurt, grenadine and sliced strawberries in an Ice Cream maker.
- When the frozen yogurt is ready, serve and decorate with some strawberries.
This is Venezuela’s National Dish. You can also serve it with Arepas and Queso Blanco (white cheese – similar to mozarella). Ingredients: Rice (cooked) Plátanos Fritos Black Beans Carne Mechada Directions: Serve all ingredients on a plate and sprinkle some shredded queso blanco over the […]
A friend of mine from Romania thought me how to make this delicious spread. You can serve it with crackers, toast or any type of bread.
- 3 Eggplants
- 5 Pimentos
- 3 Carrots
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste